What happens after your dental implants abroad with Dental Holiday?
Our dental implant squad is among the most seasoned full-arch surgery teams available internationally regarding’ smile in a day’ comprehensive dental implants. This indicates our firm commitment to providing comprehensive and knowledgeable treatment and care, from your initial inquiry about dental implants to the days, weeks, and months post-procedure.
Here’s what our devoted dental implant aftercare program has in store for you:
Dental Implant Procedure Day
We will provide you with comprehensive post-surgery care guidelines on caring for your mouth and new teeth in the days after the operation to facilitate a swift recovery. These instructions will guide you through different stages post-surgery and include steps to take in case of complications. However, serious problems are seldom encountered, and we’re always available to assist you.
We’ll also offer advice on initially suitable food choices and how to gradually incorporate different foods into your diet. Generally, you should be able to consume anything easily cut with a fork immediately after receiving your new fixed teeth.
Approximately 12-14 Weeks Post Dental Implant Surgery (For Smile Complete & Smile Premium)
We will fit your final bridgework or crowns around 12 to 14 weeks following your procedure. This period allows the implants to merge with your mouth and heal completely. Subsequently, our expert dental implant technicians design the final permanent bridgework. Utilizing the latest technological advancements, the bridgework is hand-finished by our master dental technicians in our in-house lab and fitted during this appointment. The final bridgework is reinforced, slimmer, and more aesthetically pleasing than the temporary teeth fitted during your initial visit.
During this visit, you will receive an After Care Kit, complete with a detailed demonstration of using the included items, such as the electric toothbrush, flossing brushes, Dental Implant Care manual, etc.
We will recommend the frequency of your routine dental implant check-up appointments. This can be done locally with your dentist or a local clinic, or you can come out to us again if you prefer. During these sessions should verify the following:
- The stability and proper integration of the dental implants with your jawbone
- No signs of wear and tear on the bridgework/crowns
- The health of supporting structures, including soft tissue levels and jawbone
- The completion of both extra and intra-oral examinations, which may include x-rays if necessary
- The microscopic evaluation of your bridgework/crowns in our on-site lab, as needed, ensures a consistently excellent fit.
- A record of your medical history and discussion of any concerns since your last visit
- The performance of oral cancer screening
- The capture of necessary X-rays to assess the health of the jawbone around the implants and provide reports based on X-ray results
- The cleaning of implant interfaces and underneath the bridgework/crowns using an air polisher
- The removal of any stains from the bridges, if required
- The inspection and replacement of any missing access covers
- The tightening or replacement of screws in the bridge, if required
- Advice on oral hygiene practices for home care regimes to maintain the health of the implants, soft tissue, and bridgework/crowns
Kindly be aware that bridges are only removed when considered clinically necessary. If your oral hygiene requires the removal of bridgework, you may need to schedule a separate appointment that incurs charges.