A step-by-step guide to having your dental implants done abroad with Dental Holiday
We ask you to schedule a free discovery call to determine your suitability for dental implants abroad with Dental Holiday.
You can also attach any treatment plans, X-rays and photographs if you have any to share.
Once scheduled, one of our friendly and knowledgeable Dental Holiday Patient Coordinators is ready to speak to you at your chosen time about your dental implant treatment abroad.
If you prefer, you can call us now on +421 949 007 179.
Your discovery call with us
On the call you’ll find out if you’re a suitable fit for our dental implant treatments and clinic, find out all the prices and times involved, and any other questions you may have.
In approximately 15-20 minutes, we’ll address all your queries and concerns during our comprehensive telephone consultation (video calls are also available on request).
We will also give you any feedback on any images, treatment plans or scans you have attached when scheduling the discovery call.
Ready To Go Ahead?
Booking Your Dental Holiday
When you decide to go ahead to have your dental implants done abroad with Dental Holiday, you’ll need to find a good time to make your visit and check it against the calendar of our clinic by calling/writing to your designated treatment coordinator.
- Once the time has been confirmed, you can book your flights to Bratislava or Vienna airport.
- We need a copy of your flight details to ensure that all team members, know your itinerary so that we can plan your dental implant treatment abroad accordingly.
- We can help with arranging local accommodation if necessary.
- Milk – No sugar? Also, tell us how you like your tea/coffee so that we can get that ready for you on arrival 🙂
- Once everything is confirmed from our side, we’ll send you a full confirmation email.
- We’ll contact you 48 hours ahead of your visit to confirm your appointment and answer any urgent questions you may have.
- If you arrive during the day, once you get through passport control at the airport, just give us a call and one of our team will come to meet you, who will take you to your accommodation if you arrive in the evening or directly to the clinic if you arrive during the day.
- You’ll be met in the clinic by your designated treatment coordinator, who will welcome you, sign consent for your procedure and answer any pre-treatment queries.
- Pre-treatment and post-treatment instructions will be discussed, and any medication required will be prescribed.
- Payment for treatment will be taken at this appointment. We take Cash, Debit cards, Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard) and BACS payments, which must be cleared at least one working day before your appointment.
- Any supporting images & X-rays that we need will be taken and discussed with our dental surgeons.
- Impressions of your existing teeth will be made so that our lab team can get started immediately to create the new teeth that will be placed as soon as the dental implants are done.
Dental implant surgeries typically start in the late morning. You’ll proceed to the treatment room, where, under sedation and without discomfort, one of our senior dental implant surgeons will remove any remaining teeth and place your dental implants. This process typically takes about 2 hours per jaw.
Post-treatment, you’ll be guided back to your private suite to unwind and recuperate. During this period, your clinician and our lab team will be crafting your unique initial prosthesis in our on-site dental lab.
Later in the afternoon, you’ll return to the treatment room to have your new bridgework fitted by your chairside technician. You’ll leave with your first set of brand-new fixed teeth. Over the subsequent weeks, you’ll have the opportunity to adjust to your new smile before returning for your final set.
After 6 weeks from the day of the fitting of your new teeth, we would like to invite you for a follow-up visit. During this appointment, we will assess your progress and healing. If you are opting for our Smile Complete or Smile Premium options, you’ll be invited to return again in another 6 to 8 weeks.
12 – 14 weeks (Smile Complete & Smile Premium)
When you come for your final visit at Dental Holiday, you can expect a truly exceptional experience. Our skilled and experienced lab team meticulously designs your smile using state-of-the-art technology. This design is then brought to life by our artisan technicians, who hand-finish every detail.
After your initial surgery, we allow 12-14 weeks for the implants to integrate with your jawbone fully. This crucial time ensures the stability and long-term success of your new smile. During this visit, we will place the final bridge, which is not only reinforced but also slimmer and more aesthetically pleasing, enhancing your overall appearance.
As part of our commitment to your ongoing care, we provide a Dental Holiday After Care Kit. This kit includes a Phillips Sonicare electric toothbrush, a Waterpik water flosser, flossing brushes, and a Dental Holiday Implant Care Manual. We will take the time to guide you through this comprehensive care manual, ensuring you have all the knowledge and tools necessary to maintain the health and longevity of your dental implants.
It is very important to look after your implant-supported bridgework.
We expect you to visit a dental hygienist or dentist each year to ensure you maintain your solution correctly and so that you can check your oral health, including X-rays, oral cancer screenings and soft tissue checks.
You can of course return to our clinic for this too, also if any maintenance, such as new screws or staining removal, is needed.